Dr Benjamin Hewitt
I am Dr Benjamin Hewitt. I spent my childhood in Perth and studied medicine at the University of WA graduating in 1994.
After completing my basic training, I spent a year In Warwickshire, England as a Orthopaedic Speciality Registrar.
Following completion of my fellowship I undertook a Sports Orthopaedic fellowship in Brisbane specialising in knee and shoulder injuries.
I have an ongoing involvement in the orthopaedic management of a number of WA’s elite sporting teams.
I am happily married and have 3 teenage children. I enjoy participating in sport, particularly swimming. I love to surf, ski and mountain-bike. I am well placed to appreciate sports injuries and also wear and tear on joints as we age.
Fellowships and Memberships
- Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons
- Member of the Australian Orthopaedic Association.
- Member Of European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (ESSKA)
- Member of Australian Medical Association.
- Member of Australian Knee Society
- Member of City of Perth Surf Lifesaving Club
- Member of Rottnest Channel Swim Association